Serves 4 for people for a picnic lunch ( see bottom for serving suggestions)
|250 g mushrooms, sliced|
|1 finely chopped carrot|
|5 big tomatoes, finely chopped|
|2 tsp dried thyme|
|2 tsp dried oregano|
|1 tbsp jaggery/brown sugar/coconut sugar|
|150 ml cashews|
|1 tsp lemon juice|
|3 tbsp Olive oil|
|Salt, Pepper, oil|
|Here we go:|
|Turn the oven on 200 c|
Heat a frying pan with the olive oil and add the sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Fry on medium heat for about 5 minutes till they are just before done.
Remove the mushroom from the pan and keep aside.
Keep the pan hot. Add oil. Fry the cumin seeds. Let them fry for about 30 second till they are nicely browned.
- Add the finely chopped carrot, keeping the heat high. 1-2 minutes and the carrot goes slightly glazy, shiny and almost see-through.
- Add the tomatoes, thyme, oregano, salt and jaggery (or your preferred sweetener). Fry till the tomatoes go mushy and it all become one.
Blend cashews, olive oil and lemon.
Making the sheets:
Thinly slice the courgette on the long side. I used a carrot peeler to get them really thin..
Now the fun part:
- Layer the lasagna in a ovenproof dish 21cm x 14cm x 8 cm:
- Making 3 layers: Begin with courgette, then tomato sauce then mushrooms and again : courgette, tomato, mushrooms, and a last time courgette, tomato, mushrooms.
- Finish with a layer of cashew cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes till the cheese goes slightly brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing this delicious tasty wealthy lasagna.
Pack a lunch bag with high prana vegan slaw, This gluten-free lasagna, steamed sweet potato and a rye bread peanut butter sandwich. Saddle your bikes and pick up a few friends, this is a perfect pit stop lunch for a spring day out!