There are those recipes that we cook every now and again. Those are the more time consuming and extravagant ones that are reserved for special occasions, when we have extra time or when cooking for friends. Then there are those awesome recipes like this 6 Ingredient Easy Vegan Bolognese that becomes a staple in our diet and an "easy-to-go-to dinner". This Easy Vegan Bolognese I am about to share with you belongs to the last category and is one of the recipes that we now know by heart and can easily whip up in a few minutes. It is flavourful and nutritiously delicious.
Another awesome thing about the recipe is that you can easily cook it and serve it up in different ways like:
- With pasta.
- On a baked jacket potato.
- With a salad or steamed veg on the side.
- It will also go nicely on a homemade vegan pizza.
- Or just with freshly baked bread on the side.
- Brown rice also goes nicely with this easy vegan bolognese.
- It can also just go on its own (if you are feeling brave to cut out the extra starch and carbs that we easily add to our meals and that often is unnecessary) :)
- Another option is to make double portion and a vegan béchamel sauce (use coconut oil, flour and vegan milk, blend and heat up until your desired thickness. Flavour with nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg) and make it into a delicious vegan lasagna :) add béchamel sauce and fine breadcrumbs on top to get a nice creamy crispy vegan lasagna :)
Let's get to the recipe:
|Ingredients: 6-Ingredient Easy Vegan Bolognese|
|160g green lentils, soaked for a few hours or overnight (you can also use unsoaked green lentils, it will just take a bit longer to cook)|
|2 carrots, chopped|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1/2 a stock cube|
|1x 400g can organic chopped tomatoes
|Method: 6-Ingredient Easy Vegan Bolognese|
|1/ Fry the chopped carrots in plenty of coconut oil, until the carrots turn golden.|
|2/ Add paprika and ground cumin and fry for 1 minute until the smell of the spices spread in the room and they are slightly toasted.|
|3/ Now pour in the tomatoes and add the stock cube, a dash of water along with the drained lentils.|
|4/ Bring to boil. Then add a lid and let the vegan bolognese simmer for 20-30 minutes if you are using soaked lentils. If you haven’t soaked your lentils, just cook the dish for about 20-30 minutes more. Look and stir every now and again to see whether you need to add a little more water.|
See above for serving suggestions or feel free to choose your own style :)